- Information we collect
- When you place an order, the Website, owned and operated by The Eastern Tea Company with its registered office at Ideal Plaza, N-217, North Block, 2nd floor, 11/1, Sarat Bose Road, Kolkata-700 020 (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”, “we” or “us”) will ask you to set up “your account and Log-in Info,” which includes your name, e-mail address, mailing address, mobile number [as well as certain other information]. If you choose to place an order through the Guest Log-in facility, you will be required to provide your Name, e-mail address and mobile number.
- Records of products purchased by you, your billing name and delivery address is also collected and stored by us for the purposes of processing and delivering any orders for purchase of products placed by you through the Website and/or mobile application. To the extent that you have purchased any Products from any third party seller (“Partner Seller”) through the Website and/or mobile application, any information collected by you for the purpose of such sale and purchase, may be stored by such Partner Seller.
- We use the Information to personalise your experience, to improve the Website and/or Mobile application, to improve customer service and to provide you with a convenient shopping and health experience.
- We use the Information to inform you about our products and promotions from time to time.
- We use the Information in the course of processing any order for products.
- During your visit to our Website, we may automatically receive technical information about your computer/device, including your IP address, your computer operating system, time-zone, browser type and browser plug-in details, due to the communication protocol settings on the Internet. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information. Finally, we may use your IP address to help protect our partners and ourselves from fraud.
- Sharing of Information
- We may share the Information with any potential investor or strategic partner of the Company or if the Company is proposed to be acquired by or merged with any third party or is otherwise restructured.
- Except to the extent specified here, we assure you that the Website will not distribute its customer list to third parties. However, under certain circumstances, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, or other users may abuse or misuse your information that they collect from the Website and/or Mobile application. Therefore, although we use industry standard practices to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that the Information (including your personally identifiable information) or private communications would always remain private.
- Third Party Links
The Website may have third party links provided on the same, accessing which sites is at your sole discretion and risk. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.